Are you have a toddler? I love coming up with great toddler birthday party ideas. It is so much fun planning a special party for your little one. Especially as they reach the age of understanding what’s going on. My son is 3 and I can say that all three of his birthday parties had cute themes and were so much fun. Using a theme for your toddler party will make it much easier for you to plan and to purchase all the things that you’ll need for the party, such as plates, napkins and streamers. In fact, when you choose a theme, you can even buy packages that include all of these items together. Older toddlers usually want to choose the theme for a party, but you can select the theme for your one or two year old.
That is the ultimate goal. You want your toddler to have a blast and you also want all the guests to leave just as happy. Moms and Dads it can be so much work planning a birthday party but it can also be so much FUN. They only turn 1 or 2, once in their little lives so let’s make it memorable.
What should be the THEME of the Birthday Party?
- You first must pick out a theme for the party. Usually this can be rather simple. The rest of the planning becomes easier because you know where you are going and what you have to work with. Does your toddler have a favorite book or movie? What is there favorite television show? It could be that they like cars or trains or horses. This is the best place to start. Remember you want to pick what they like or are into for that moment. It’s their party and their day. It will make it more exciting to see their favorite character all over at their birthday party. Your child will usually give you the best toddler birthday party idea and theme to come up with. So Have Fun choosing the correct theme.
- Don’t worry if you pick the same theme that say a friend of yours did. You can change up your party and make it different. Relax just choose what your toddler wants and the rest will go smoothly.
How many guests should I INVITE to the Party?
- If your toddler has friends from daycare or neighbors and you know that your child really likes them definitely invite them. Someone told me once that you should invite one friend for every year of your child’s age, plus one. Now I never really followed this advice because at my son’s First birthday he had 20 children attend. I loved it but you may not. The choice is ultimately up to you. Remember that along with the children you invite a parent will stay at the party and possibly other siblings. This will make your guest list GROW! Just remember to always state on the invite to please RSVP so that you are aware of the total count.
- Another toddler birthday party ideas can be for you to just have a party for family members only, favorite aunts and uncles and cousins. Your toddler will be just as happy seeing Grandma and all of the family there to share the special day. This can make for an awesome party just as well. A BIGGER party will not always mean better. So you decide your comfort level and build on that. Your toddler will be happy regardless.
PLANNING The Party
- You should start planning the toddler birthday party ideas 6 to 8 weeks in advance. This should be plenty of time for you get all of your toddler birthday party ideas together. You will be able to plan the party games and the decorations. Don’t forget about the party favors and even the goodie bags. It takes time to get all of the “party stuff” together and by giving yourself this much time in advance you should be able to put it together in that time frame.
INVITATIONS for the Birthday Party
- I am a HUGE invitation person. This is the reason why you must choose your theme first. Now it truly depends on you because some people just like to get basic invites and that is great too. That’s what is so great about planning your own party. You can choose invitations that compliment your party theme. You can choose the pre-printed kind that matches your party theme or else have them custom made. Look into the custom made ones. They are really not as expensive as you think. I purchased mine on E-bay. You can pick the theme and what you want them to say. This was so much easier than writing out invitations by hand. A real time saver in my opinion and they looked so nice. I still receive comments about his invitations.
What ITEMS will I need for the party?
Here is just a basic check list for your toddler birthday party ideas. You may need to add some items to this list but this can help get you started.
Thank You Notes
2. Cake plates
4. Cutlery(spoons, Forks,Knives)
6. Dinner plates
2. party Hats and Blowers
5. Pinata (optional)
6. Goodie Bags and favors and candy for the goodie bags
1. The Cake
2. Drinks Juice, Pop etc.
3. Whatever food for the meal. Sloppy Joes, Pizza etc.
4. Ice Cream
5. Candy for the Goodie bags and the pinata
Games and Crafts
1. Prizes for games
2. Any items you will need for your games
MUST HAVE don’t forget items!
1. Digital camera or camcorder
2. Cake knife and serving spatula
3. Stapler or tape to hang decorations
4. Bowls or platters
5. THE BIRTHDAY TODDLER! LOL
So you see, it will be fine, you are going to plan the BEST birthday party ever. You can get so creative the ideas are endless. Toddler birthday party ideas are the most FUN!! They are at the age of excitement.